MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF CHEMICAL ENGINEERS
(Registered Under West Bengal Act XXVI of 1961)
1. Name : The name of Society (hereinafter called the “Institute”), is “INDIAN INSTITUTE OF CHEMICAL ENGINEERS”.
2. Registered Office : The registered office of Institute will be situated in West Bengal.
3. Objects : The objects for which the Institute is established are :-
|3.1||More particularly to take over the activities and business, including the assets, liabilities, membership, publication, etc., of the Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers incorporated under the Government of West Bengal Licence No. 1922 of the 8th June, 1950, issued under Section 26 of the Indian Companies Act, 1930, and to continue to function in the same or similar manner and maintain and allow the status and privileges as at present enjoyed by various categories of members of the said Institute.|
|3.2||To promote the advancement of Chemical Engineering Science.|
|3.3||To maintain professional standard and conduct among its members.|
|3.4||To establish, maintain and regulate regional centres, graduate sections, and student sections of the Institute in all such places as may be deemed fit and to abolish them whenever necessary.|
|3.5||To protect the interests of Chemical Engineers in general and members of the Institute in particular and to do all things necessary in connection therewith.|
|3.6||To serve as an authoritative body on all matters pertaining to the teaching and profession of Chemical Engineering.|
|3.7||To conduct meeting and transact business on administrative, academic and technical matters relating to the profession of Chemical Engineering.|
|3.8||To conduct or subsidise research on Chemical Engineering problems.|
|3.9||To hold examinations and prescribe syllabi therefor.|
|3.10||To grant awards, donations, scholarships, diplomas and certificates to such persons as may be deemed fit.|
|3.11||To publish and maintain an organ of the Institute to be known as 'Indian Chemical Engineer' (incorporating the Transactions) and similar other publications.|
|3.12||To assist necessitous members, and any of the dependent kindred of deceased members, and to act as treasurer, trustees, and distributor of any benevolent fund or funds which may be contributed by members or others for these purposes or any of them and subject to the provisions of clause 4 (prohibiting payments being made to members) to make any contribution out of the surplus assets or income of the Institute from time to time to any such benevolent fund or funds.|
|3.13||To hire, purchase, have hold and dispose of any buildings to be used as an Institute, College or Lecture Rooms, or any property, real or personal, for the advancement of the above objects or any of them.|
|3.14||To borrow or raise or secure payment of money as loan, and accept gift and the like.|
|3.15||To get the Institute to be registered and/or recognised in India and other countries.|
|3.16||To grant pensions or gratuities to any persons who are for the time being or shall at any time have been paid officers or employees of the Institute or relations or dependent of any such persons.|
|3.17||To admit men and women alike to membership of the Institute on the same terms and conditions and collect, receive subscriptions, donations and contributions.|
|3.18||To take over any other Society, Institution, Association of a similar nature having aims and objects not repugnant to those of this Institute, to manage, control or otherwise work same or merge same with this Institute.|
|3.19||To do all such other lawful things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objects or any of them.|
4. Application of Income : The income and property of the Institute whencesoever derived shall be applied solely for or towards the promotion of the objects of the Institute as herein set forth, and no portion thereof shall be paid or transferred directly by way of dividend or bonus or otherwise however by way of profit to the persons who are, or at any time have been members of the Institute or to any person or persons claiming through all or any of them, provided that nothing herein contained shall prevent the payment in good faith of remuneration, etc., to any officers or servants of the Institute or to any member thereof or to any person or persons in return for services actually rendered to the Institute or for the payment of actual travelling expenses in connection with any business of the Institute.
5. Disposal of property on dissolution : If, upon winding up or dissolution of the Institute, there remains after the satisfaction of all its debts and liabilities, any surplus money or property whatsoever, the same shall not be paid to or distributed among the members of the Institute, but shall be given or transferred to some other Institution or Institutions, having objects similar to the objects of the Institute to be determined by the members of the Institute present at a general meeting at or before the time of the dissolution, and in default thereof by such judge of the High Court in West Bengal as may have or acquire jurisdiction in the matter.
6. Governing Body : The names addresses and occupations of the Council as at present provisionally constituted are :
|Dr. H. L. Roy||Chemical Engineering Department, Jadavpur University, Calcutta-32.||Professor Emeritusin Chemical Engineering.|
|Mr. M. B. Bhagwat||Javeri Villa, Gilder Lane Bombay-8.||Technical Director Tata Chemicals Ltd.|
|Dr. M. Narshingh Rao||Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur.||
Professor of Chemical Engineering.
|Dr. O. P. Kharbanda||M/s. Simon Carves Ltd.
32, Dalhousie Sq.(South) Calcutta-1.
|Dr. T. K. Ghose||Chemical Engineering Department, Jadavpur University, Calcutta-32.||Professor of Chemical Engineering.|
|Prof. D. K. Dutta||Chemical Engineering Department, Jadavpur University, Calcutta-32.||Professor of Chemical Engineering.|
|Dr. R. R. Hattiangadi||C/o. M/s. Associated Cement Co. Ltd. 1, Queens Road,||Technical Director, A. C. C. Ltd. Bombay-1.|
|Dr. G. P. Kane||C/1/26, Pandara Road,New Delhi.||Senior Industrial Adviser (Chemicals), Ministry of Commerce & Industry.|
|Dr. S. K. Sircar||P. 644A, Block 'O' New Alipore,Calcutta-33.||Chemical Engineer and Fuel Technologist.|
|Dr. G. S. Kasbekar||87/B, Park Street,Calcutta-16.||Deputy Director General
Ministry of Defence.
|Dr. H. L. Eduljee||M/s. Nowrosjee Wadia & Sons (Pvt.) Ltd., P. B. No. 129, Bombay-1.
|Dr. P. S. Mene||Laxminarayan Inst. of Technology, Nagpur.||Director,
Laxminarayan Institute of Technology.
|Dr. G. S. Laddha||A. C. College of Technology, Guindy, Madras-25.||Director, A. C.College of
|Dr. T. K. Roy||M/s. Industrial Consulting Bureau (Pvt.) Ltd. National Ins. Building, Parliament Street, New Delhi-1.
||Chief Chemical Engineer.|
|Dr. N. K. Bose||Chemical Engineering Department, Jadavpur University, Calcutta-32.||Professor of Chemical Engineering.|
|Dr. D. C. Tapadar||Indian Pulp & Paper Co. Ltd., Hazinagar, 24-Parganas.
|Dr. U. P. Basu||Bengal Immunity Research Institue, 39, Lower Circular Road,Calcutta-16.||Director.|
|Sri. S. B. Dutt||12 H, B 1 New Alipore, Calcutta-33.||Managing Director,
Bharat Electrical Industries Ltd.
|Dr. N. R. Kuloor||Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore-12.||Professor of Chemical Engineering.|
|Prof. N. C. Palaniappan||Annamalai University, Annamalainagar, South India.||Professor of Chemical Engineering.|
|Dr. K. L. Ramaswamy||Industries Department, Bihar Government, Patna.||Industrial Adviser,
|Prof. N. R. Kamath||Indian Institute of Technology, Powai, Bombay.||Professor of Chemical Engineering.|
|Dr. C. Venkata Rao||Andhra University, Visakhapatnam-3.||Professor of Chemical Engineering.|
|Prof. B. Narayandas||Delhi Polytechnic, Delhi University, Delhi.||Professor of Chemical Engineering.|
|Dr. D. Venkateswaralu||Indian Institute of Technology, Madras.||Professor of Chemical Engineering.|
7. We the undersigned being associated for the purpose of carrying out the objects in Clause 3, hereinbefore mentioned, are desirous of forming into a Society under Societies Registration Act XXVI of 1961.
|Name, Address & Occupation||Signature|
|Dr. H. L. Roy
Chemical Engineering Department
College of Engineering & Technology,
Jadavpur University, Calcutta-32.
|Sd/- H. L. Roy|
|Dr. S. K. Sircar,
Chemical Engineer & Fuel
Technologist, B-644A, Block
O, New Alipore, Calcutta-33.
|Sd/- S. K. Sircar|
|Dr. G. S. Kasbekar
Deputy Director General,
6, Esplanade East, Calcutta-1.
|Sd/- G. S. Kasbekar|
|Dr. U. P. Basu,
Bengal Immunity Research Institute
39, Lower Circular Road,
|Sd/- U. P. Basu|
|Sri S. B. Dutt
Bharat Electrical Industries Ltd.
52, Old Hindusthan Buildings,
S. N. Banerjee Road, Calcutta-13.
|Sd/- S. B. Dutt|
|Prof. D. K. Dutt
Professor of Chemical Engineering,
College of Engineering & Technology,
P. O. Jadavpur University
|Sd/- D. K. Dutt|
|Dr. O. P. Kharbanda,
M/s. Simon Carves Limited.,
32, Dalhousie Square (South),
|Sd/- O. P, Kharbanda|
|Witness to the above signature: Dr. K. G. Sikchi,
M/s. Imperial Chemical
Industries (India) Private Ltd.,
Dated this 11th day of October, 1961.
|Sd/- K. G. Sikchi|